PAUL L. BADGER, JR., MBA, Chair
Paul L. Badger Jr. is the President and CEO of THE BADGER GROUP. He has over thirty-two years of combined entrepreneurial and professional experience as the Founder and CEO of THE BADGER GROUP, LLC, and while working with industry-leading Fortune 500 companies. Through his various roles, Mr. Badger has developed expertise in real estate development, investment, management and sales, consumer marketing and project management. He has a well-established track record of success managing businesses, products and individuals while increasing market share and profitability.
In 1996, Mr. Badger founded THE BADGER GROUP. Since then, his accomplishments as a real estate developer include the successful acquisition and development of properties throughout Philadelphia and its surrounding counties while maintaining consistent, controlled, growth. He has established expertise in both single-family and multifamily development, as well as new construction, adaptive reuse of existing structures, and land development. Current ventures include residential, commercial, mixed-use, and hotel development and acquisition.
Mr. Badger conducted his formal education at Morehouse College, graduating cum laude with a BA degree in Business Administration with a concentration in marketing. He earned his M.B.A. from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University with a triple major in marketing, finance, and management strategy. In addition, Mr. Badger studied real estate at Temple University’s Real Estate Institute.
Mr. Badger is an active member of the community serving in both a civic and professional capacity in the following roles:
BOARDS AND AFFILIATIONS
• Chair, The Development Workshop
• Board of Directors, The BIA (Building Industry Association)
• Board of Directors, HAPCO (Homeowners Assoc of Philadelphia)
• Mayoral Appointee, Lead Poisoning Prevention Committee
• Mayoral Appointee, Eviction Prevention Task Force
• Mayoral Appointee, Board of Directors and Past Vice Chair, Philadelphia Land Bank
• Mayoral Appointee, Board of Directors, PHDC Accelerator Fund
• Selected, Regulatory Reform Sub-Committee
• Selected, PIDC Finance Advisory Committee
• Selected, Advisory Board for the Philadelphia Housing Authority’s HCV Program (Section 8)
• Chair, Founder, and/or Leader of 5 Diversity and Inclusion Committees including The Development Workshop, BIA, PAGE Initiative, Wissahickon School District, AAREP-P
• Elected, Board of School Directors, Wissahickon School District
• Member, Morehouse Alumni Association
• Member, Northwestern Alumni Assoc., Kellogg Business School BMA
• Member, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
• Member, National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA)
• Member, National Association of Black Hotel Owners Operators and Developers (NABHOOD)
• Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
• Co-Founder, African American Real Estate Professionals – Philadelphia (AAREP-P)